Full-Time Backend Java Developer
As a Backend Java Developer you will have a range of development projects. Your remit will be defining the architecture and future direction of the Backend Java system with a focus on Database applications and development architecture. As part of our team you will also be responsible for mobile application support and a technology review of the existing portfolio.
• Designing, developing, debugging, implementing and supporting web-based applications and services.
• Modify existing software to: correct errors, allow it to function in new operating environment, or improve performance.
• Adhering to and recommending improvements to project coding standards.
• Experience in J2EE, JPA/Hibernate, XML, Web-services (JAX-WS);
• Solid OOP & design patterns background
• Experience in Spring Framework;
• Experience on DBMS including PostgreSQL and MySQL
• Experience with APIs, Caching Solutions
• Experience with SVN
• Understanding of security concepts when developing and deploying modern web applications. Experience delivering sensitive information securely in a production environment.
• Understanding of key server-side development concepts such as integrating data or user accounts between multiple systems, integrating multiple databases into one system, implementing a backup system, securing data with multiple user levels, etc.
• Ability to participate in multiple projects simultaneously.
• Familiarity with Scrum & Agile project methodologies.
• Fluent oral and written communication skills (English is a must)
• Strong work ethic and ability to self-manage
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Previous working experience within the iGaming industry will be considered an asset.
• Working and living in the sunny island of Malta
• Dynamic and Fun events
• A competitive salary
• Health Insurance
• Fresh fruits
• Office in central location
• Assistance in finding accommodation
Platin Gaming is part of an international group which is in iGaming industry for 20 years. Since its establishment, Platin Gaming has gone from strength to strength and is now a major software developer in Malta. We are focused and specialized on developing high quality iGaming software. Our core competencies include the development of online gambling software like sports book, slot games, virtual games (pre-recorded horse and dog racing), etc.
Following latest technologies and industry trends, with its young, dynamic and innovator team and management, Platin Gaming offers a comfortable and stable working environment. We are after highly qualified individuals who can perform in highest levels in their profession. We are aiming to bring more high quality products into the iGaming market.
You can advance your career with Platin Gaming while involving in current projects or the complete lifecycle of brand new projects. You can learn new technologies or get more specialized in the technologies you know. We encourage you to learn and follow new technologies, and also follow your career closely.
We are passionate about the products we develop and maintain. If you are passionate about developing software and you are self-motivated, hungry for a challenge, and looking to make an immediate impact, apply now!
Platin Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Please note this is not an entry level position.
You must be eligible to work in Europe to apply for this job.
We help you to relocate to Malta.
How to ApplyTo apply, send your CV and your cover letter to email@example.com or apply online through http://platingaming-careers.com/en/job/back-end-java-developer
891 total views, 1 today