Full-Time Compliance Officer & MLRO
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Our client is seeking to recruit a Compliance Officer & MLRO, who will be accountable for the management of all Compliance and AML processes and operations in Malta.
Our client is an international company that offers fiduciary and accounting services, company administration, private client services, financing and fund solutions.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Acting as the main point of contact for local regulators (e.g. MFSA, FIAU)
• Ensuring that the company complies with all requirements of all applicable regulators
• Establishing and maintaining effective systems and controls for compliance with applicable requirements and standards under the regulatory system
• Advising management on all applicable laws, regulations, rules and standards and inform them about any development in these areas
• Establishing written guidelines to staff and service providers on the appropriate implementation of the laws, regulations, rules and standards through policies and procedures
• Assessing the appropriateness of internal policies, procedures and guidelines, ensuring a follow-up of any identified deficiencies, making recommendations for amendments where necessary and supervising the implementation of corrective measures to mitigate the identified deficiencies
• Monitoring compliance with internal policies, procedures and guidelines by performing regular and comprehensive compliance risk assessments and testing; report the results on a regular basis and promptly where deemed necessary to the Board
• Educating staff with respect to compliance with the applicable laws, rules and standards and act as an advisor on compliance queries from staff members
• Liaising with relevant external bodies and regulators on compliance matters
• Maintaining the firm’s operational risk management assessment and for reporting relevant significant risks to the Board as applicable
• Reporting any suspicious transactions to the MFSA and FIAU
• Responding to requests made by competent authorities as appropriate
• Reviewing and approving applications of new and existing customers
As an MLRO, the candidate will be:
• Responsible for oversight of compliance with the FIAU’s rules on systems and controls against money laundering and for countering the risk that the firm might be used to further financial crime
• Responsible for monitoring the day-to-day operation of AML/CFT policies, and respond promptly to any reasonable request for information made by competent authorities or any other law enforcement
• Responsible for establishing the basis on which a risk-based approach to the prevention of money laundering/terrorist financing is put into practice and review the approach on a regular basis
• Responsible for all the AML reporting requirements and operate within the required standards
• Responsible for ensuring that adequate arrangements are in place for the awareness and training of employees
• The candidate must be trustworthy, credible and influential, as well as a creative problem solver with a strong positive mind-set, able to make decisions with sound judgement and adopt an pragmatic-based approach
• Being assertive with the courage to push back when needed, prioritising the best interests of the company
• Ideally being a qualified lawyer
• Recognised (PQ’d) by the MFSA
• Previous experience in a similar role within financial services with a strong background working within an AML function
• Familiarity with the MFSA rules and regulations
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate.
How to Applyhttps://www.vacancycentre.com/legal-and-corporate/compliance-officer-mlro-job-4331
49 total views, 6 today